Conference of Southern Graduate Schools
2013 ETD MASTER'S THESIS AWARD
Innovative Application of Technology to Scholarship in a Master's Thesis
Graduate Deans or their designee at CSGS member institutions may nominate one person whose thesis has been accepted in partial fulfillment of master's degree requirements during the past two academic years and/or summer sessions (Fall 2010 through Summer 2012) and have filed an electronic thesis.
- $1,000 plus travel expenses for the awardee to attend the 2013 CSGS meeting in Jacksonville,Florida where the award will be presented.
The Graduate Dean or designee shall provide the following materials as part of the nomination dossier to be received no later than October 8, 2012:
- A web link to an electronic thesis;
- Letters of endorsement from the major professor and either the Director of Graduate Studies, the Graduate Dean, or the Dean's designee;
- Certification by the Graduate Dean or designee that the thesis was approved in partial fulfillment of requirements for the master's degree within the past two academic years and/or summer sessions (Fall 2010 through Summer 2012);
- An abstract of the thesis (1-2 pages, double-spaced), prepared by the nominee; and,
- A brief resume or CV on the nominee (1-2 pages).
An electronic file (e-mail of CD) of the nomination materials should be submitted to the Committee Chair no later than October 3, 2012:
Thomas Reynolds, Dean
The Graduate School
University of North Carolina Charlotte
9201 University City Blvd
Charlotte NC 28223-0001
Phone: 704 687-7248
Each thesis will be reviewed by faculty members in the field from CSGS member institutions and will be evaluated on the basis of the use of technology in the presentation of the ETD, scholarship, research methodology, and contributions to the field or discipline.
Members of the EDT Master's Thesis Awards Committee
Tom Reynolds , Chair
Morris A. Grubbs
Karen J. L. Burg
Carlyn R. Hodges
Previous Master's Thesis Award Winners
|Kristen M. Rosenfeld (2006)||William Story (2010)|
|Jennifer Brooke Landry (2007)||Fengqing Zhang (2011)|
|Emily K. Davis (2008)||Casey Wichman(2012)|
|Payal Chakravarty (2009)|