This peer-nominated award is presented to acknowledge and honor a person whose contributions have significantly benefited graduate education in the Southern Region.
Award $1000 and a plaque. The award will be presented at our annual conference to be held in person in Raleigh, NC, February 17-19, 2022.
- Any person except elected public officials currently in office or candidates for elective public office may be nominated.
- The nominee’s work and contributions must have been performed, at least in part, within the previous ten-year period.
- The nominee’s contributions to graduate education must have been to more than a single institution.
Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations may be made by any CSGS member institution representative. Nominations should include the following materials:
- A summary of the nominee’s qualifications and contributions (2-page maximum)
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee (6-page maximum)
- A letter of endorsement from the graduate dean (or equivalent) of the nominee. In the event that the graduate dean is nominated, the letter should be from the dean’s current provost or president (2-page maximum).
- 3 letters of recommendation (each letter is limited to 2 pages) attesting to the contributions of the nominee.
- A single PDF, electronic copy of the complete original nomination package MUST be submitted to the Award Committee Chair. No incomplete packets will be considered.
Name the file: CSGS_Outstanding_Contributions_Award_LastName_FirstName_InstitutionName.pdf
- Submission deadline: November 05, 2021
Please send submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org and include “Nomination Southern Contribution Award” in the subject line.
The Awards Committee will review nominations and make its recommendation to the CSGS Executive Committee in December.
An award may not be given every year.
November 05, 2021