This peer-nominated award is presented to acknowledge and honor a person whose contributions have significantly benefited graduate education in the Southern Region.
Award $1000 plus travel expenses for the awardee to attend the 2018 CSGS meeting in Fayetteville, AR where the award will be presented.
- Any person except elected public officials currently in office or candidates for elective public office may be nominated.
- The nominee’s work and contributions must have been performed, at least in part, within the previous ten-year period.
- The nominee’s contributions to graduate education must have been to more than a single institution.
Nomination and Selection Process
Nominations may be made by any CSGS member institution representative. Nominations should include the following materials:
- A summary of the nominee’s qualifications and contributions (2-page maximum)
- A curriculum vitae of the nominee (6-page maximum)
- A letter of endorsement from the graduate dean (or equivalent) of the nominee. In the event that the graduate dean is nominated, the letter should be from the dean’s current provost or president (2-page maximum).
- 3 letters of recommendation (each letter is limited to 2 pages) attesting to the contributions of the nominee.
- A single PDF, electronic copy of the complete original nomination package MUST be submitted to the Award Committee Chair by November 10, 2017. No incomplete packets will be considered.
Name the file: CSGS_Outstanding_Contributions_Award_LastName_FirstName_InstitutionName.pdf
The Awards Committee will review nominations and make its recommendation to the CSGS Executive Committee in December. Please submit your nominations to the Awards Committee Chair at email@example.com.
An award may not be given every year.
due November 10, 2017